As “Friends of the Park and Trail” It is our mission to develop, promote and support Mike Roess Gold Head Branch State Park and the Palatka to Lake Butler State Trail, while working with the Park staff to preserve, interpret, and restore their natural and cultural resources.
- Provide volunteer projects, services, and general assistance to the Park and Trail.
- Cultivate greater public understanding of nature and the social and cultural history of the Park and Trail.
- Promote interpretive programs, special events and public awareness.
- Provide fundraising for various projects in the Park and Trail. You Can Help
The CSO provides many opportunities for you to help.
- Become a Member—Your annual member-ship provides you with many benefits
- Make a Donation—donations are used by the CSO to pay for Park and Trail activities.
- Attend a Meeting—Meetings are held in the evening on the fourth Tuesday of each month at the Park in the Recreation Building.
- Volunteer Your Time—The CSO, Park and Trail have a number of volunteer opportunities available.
- Visit the Park—Gold Head Branch State Park features quiet wooded trails, a lakeside picnic area, beach for swimming, playground for kids, cabin rentals and a choice of camping areas. Show your support just by visiting the Park.
- Enjoy the Trail—The Palatka-Lake Butler State Trail corridor stretches nearly 47 miles from just west of US 17 in Palatka to SR 238 in Lake Butler. The Trail is an ongoing project with some paving in place and the remainder still under design and construction. The Trail follows the bed of the former Norfolk-Southern Railroad right-of-way through Putnam, Clay, Bradford and Union counties.
- Become a part of support for Gold Head Branch State Park and the Palatka to Lake Butler State Trail.
- Your dues and/or donations are 100% tax deductible under the provisions of the federal tax code section 501(c)3 for donations to non-profits and will be used by the Associates to directly benefit the Park and Trail.
- Each membership gives you an opportunity to take part in Associates decisions and elections.
- You will have free entry to the Park on specially designated days.
JOIN US TODAY.
Just Download the form and get started.